Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day Thirteen: Two Weeks Never Passed So Quickly

After over 24 hours of buses, planes, and layovers, I'm back home and already missing being in Chile. Our two weeks passed far too quickly and it's difficult to believe that the trip is actually over. My time in Chile has been, without a doubt, full of amazing experiences that I will forever remember.

Thursday night we had our final dinner with the Chilean students and Dr. Werner. We went to a pizza place and different kinds of pizzas, including one with ground chicken and guacamole on it. We presented the Chilean students with Pitt shirts we brought for them, and they were kind enough to give all of us with USM sweatshirts! I really enjoyed studying at the university and would love to come back to it some day.

Friday morning was spent trying to fit everything back into my suitcase and looking around Hotel America one last time. Staying at Hotel America was interesting, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. After everyone was packed, we went out to lunch and returned to the restaurant where we ate our first day in Vina, coming full circle. After lunch we hopped onto our bus and headed to the Santiago Airport for our flight back to the US.

Overall, this trip has been some of the best times of my life. I learned a lot about Chile and their culture and have sparked a desire to see more of and learn more about Latin America as a whole. Every day I was able to see something new and exciting and even though the days were long, I can't imagine cutting anything from the trip. I love how close we all became over the course of our time in Chile. We left Pittsburgh not knowing each other very well, and every adventure we went on through Chile made us a more tight knit group. After being around the other sixteen students almost 24/7 while in Chile, it will be interesting to see how we spend the rest of the summer without each other.

I am so grateful I was able to spend the past two weeks in Chile with some of the best people I know. From the Chilean students to the USM staff, from the leaders of our company visits to Sarah and Jorge, our trip advisers (the two best people you could ask for) everyone we interacted with while in Chile was amazing.

Salud to the end of Plus 3 Chile 2012; a trip we all loved and will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment